Friday, April 15, 2011

Radish Salsa Just For My Mom

I don’t know if she’ll mind me saying this, but I’m about to reveal to you one of my mom’s secrets: she’s totally addicted to radishes! She’s the one and utmost fan of radishes. She craves them all the time, eats them everyday and when she comes back from a trip abroad, radishes are always the first thing listed on her grocery list, she dreams of them! I don’t know if you know anyone who is more of a fan than her (if you do, please let me know… they absolutely have to meet!). I certainly don’t.

Which is why this is the absolute, most perfect recipe for her. When she reads this I guarantee that she’ll jump off her chair and call me in the instant to thank me for the idea (mom, you better call!). I can even bet that she’ll be trying the recipe inside of 3 days tops. I don’t see why she would put off such an easy and tasteful recipe!
Making the salsa should take you about 15 minutes. The hardest part of the recipe is cutting the radishes. The smaller the pieces, the longer it’ll take you, yet it’ll look that much better with tiny pieces. Make sure you make the salsa in advance so you can chill it for at least an hour. During that time all the juices will go into the radishes, which will give the salsa a more intense flavor. The salsa is excellent on grilled fish or chicken, or even with tacos. I served mine with grilled sardines… I won’t lie it was a terrible choice. Because of all the fish bones in sardines, it was a real hassle to eat. I guess we all make a mistake, that’s the beauty of it! I’d recommend a white-fleshed fish like Mahi-mahi or Sturgeon. You should have more fun eating your meal than we did.

Radish Salsa

INGREDIENTS
12 radishes, washed, trimmed and diced
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice from 1 orange
Juice from 1 ½ lime
1 tsp raw or brown sugar
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste

PREPARATION
Put the orange and lime juices in a bowl and add the radishes. Mix well.

Add the chopped cilantro, raw sugar and balsamic vinegar. Stir the ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God, someone is revealing my secret! Well, for that, you're gonna have to make that wondeful salsa for me! Can't wait!!! And thanks for the recipe, I'll keep it handy.

    ReplyDelete