Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Favorite BBQ Chicken Marinade


BBQ season if official on. And I’m a huuuge BBQ fan. In this household, we don’t relate to the typical BBQ stereotype. In here, I’m the BBQ queen… and there is no BBQ king!

BBQ cooking can get really fancy and actually quite technical. I wish I knew more but I’m just a simple BBQ user, an average gal who grills her vegetables the simple way. One day I’m hoping someone will teach me some cool techniques for my grill but until then, I stick to the basics and really enjoy the taste of the grill. If you’re like me and don’t want to bother with the complicated stuff, then maybe you’ll enjoy this simple yet soooo tasteful recipe that I like to make quite a few times during BBQ season.

The trick for marinades is to go without measurement. In my recipe, I’ve indicated a few measures but only to give you an idea of quantity. Make as much chicken as you need (whether it’s just for you or if you’re having 25 friends over!), use your favorite chicken parts, and simply cover with the marinade ingredients. Put more or less of one ingredient and it’ll still be good, each time around. That’s my trick. This is a go with the flow kind of a recipe… Because BBQueing is always done on mellow days, the mellow way!


TASTY BBQ CHICKEN MARINADE
 
INGREDIENTS
Ketchup
Yellow mustard
HP sauce
4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp Liquid Smoke
Smoked paprika
Granulated onion
Granulated garlic
Salt & pepper
Hot sauce (optional if you have no baby around and like spicy food)

PREPARATION
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients. Add the chicken and blend well so the marinade is all over the chicken. Cover with cellophane. Put in the fridge and let marinate for 12 to 24 hours.


Grill your chicken on the BBQ. The best way to do it is over low heat. Slowly but surely. That way you keep all the good juices in and the meat is juicy and tender. 

1 comment:

  1. NICE POST the pics are so amazing like u can almost smell and feel the BBQ ...lovely

    ReplyDelete